How to Rock Today! Tips for Stardom.

First of all, what was your first thought this morning before you got out of bed?

Yesterday I posted on social media the following quote.

“You are what you think about all day.” (Allen Ginsburg)

love and happiness in dog form

Hank Williams III

I got some interesting responses to this. One person said she must be “dead and irrelevant” because she was thinking about 17th century German philosopher nearly lost to history, another said she must be a dog “Hank!” (who is a dog so loved and adored he has his own Facebook profile – seriously). I was also told that others were friends, a lamb, a fence needing repairs, etc. But as everyone also understood, the point was that we create our own reality with our thoughts. So rather than being dead and irrelevant, perhaps this scholar is a treasurer of the past, and the person who said “friends” is focusing on love and connection. Another person thinking of repairs is action oriented, getting things done and improving the state of the ranch, house, business.

So what are you thinking about today? What was the first thought that went through your head this morning before you got out of bed? Were you dreading the day or were you ready to rock?

More importantly, were you open to the possibilities of today?

Gabby Bernstein often mentions her morning prayer from A Course In Miracles and it’s a perfect way to open up the possibilities. To God, Goddess, the Universe, whatever power you believe in even if it’s simply your inner self, say, “Where would you have me go? What would you have me do? What would you have me say, and to whom?”

To be of service in the world is what brings the real stardom. Start the day out by opening up to the potential of the day, by allowing the chance to be of service, by presenting your willingness to listen to your inner guidance system.

If you really want to rock today–and you CAN–choose the thoughts that open you up, that allow you to hear that inner voice. Choose the thoughts of love. Choose to be grateful for the day, the lessons of the day, and the amazing chance you have to make a difference by being your authentic self. Today. Get really in touch with that part of you that is open to love and being of service and I promise you will find more happiness.

Want more ideas for how to really rock it and be happy? Check out Gabby’s book, Add More ~ing To Your Life: A Hip Guide To Happiness on her website.

Gabby Bernstein, Add More ~ing To Your Life

Find out how to add more ~ing

12 comments… add one
  • terra goretzka Apr 15, 2011, 2:00 pm

Hello………love your post. Wanted to say that every morning before I get out of bed I thank the ‘powers that be’ for a good nights sleep. As the day goes on I am thinking that I have more and more to be thankful for! It is a really easy habit to get in to. Even if I have a rare night of insomnia I still say thank you for the sleep I do get and the insights I gathered while I couldn’t sleep!

• terra goretzka Apr 15, 2011, 2:26 pm

hi again………..I just came from spending time going over your archives, a few, not all admittedly, as I am taking your question about wanting feedback to heart. Honestly Amy you cover it all with service and intimacy, and brilliance. the best thing I think you can do is NOT stop what you are already doing! You are sharing your gifts and insights and what more could your audience of friends and family (and students) ask for? And of course you add the LOVE piece so naturally!!

• amy Apr 15, 2011, 8:01 pm

Wow. Thank you so much for those words. I do hope to be of service and spread the Love.
      Also, I love your practice of thankfulness for the night’s sleep or insights 🙂 Beautiful.

• Melissa McClintock Apr 15, 2011, 6:47 pm

Love this!

• JoAnn Apr 15, 2011, 8:16 pm

I just want you to know I think you are so cool! And you’re an awesome writer too.

• amy Apr 15, 2011, 9:59 pm

I’m humbled. Thank you. I think you’re pretty awesome yourself!

• Deidre Apr 15, 2011, 10:17 pm

I practice this faithfuly! I think it is so important to choose our thoughts and focus. I also beleive that it is of the utmost importance to fill our every surrounding with the most positive intentions we can create. I also ground. Amy!!! I am ready to ROCK

• amy Apr 17, 2011, 3:59 pm

Grounding is so important. Thanks for adding that. And Deidre, you DO rock 🙂

• Lindi Apr 17, 2011, 3:09 pm

Amy, thank you so much for sharing this. I needed it this morning… only because as I celebrate my birthday I’m feeling “a little rough” from the mass celebration last night. And when I feel a little rough – I know I tend to beat myself up a little. I don’t know why either! I didn’t do anything “wrong!” After reading this I decided to let go of those feelings and open my heart, feeling grateful for the fact that I have such a blessed life, and that I have so many lovely, amazing friends. I am going to open myself to the possibilities every day. I promise. And yes… please keep up the amazing work. I so appreciate you and the amazing work you lead me to.

• amy Apr 17, 2011, 3:58 pm

So glad you celebrated well. You are well worth celebrating! 🙂 And yes, doesn’t it feel delicious to open your heart? Thanks for the positive words. I appreciate you too!

• crystal Apr 18, 2011, 9:24 pm

My first thought this morning was to hit snooze and sleep for another hour. I did and it was an excellent choice. That aside…over the past month I’ve been waking up and then staying in bed for another 15-20 mins. During this time I do two things: 1. Snuggle with Izzy. 2. Think about what needs to get done during the day. Tomorrow I’m going to do the same two things but I’ll also be taking the time to be thankful. Amy, thanks for this post. Like Lindi I also needed to read this. Please..Keep writing, serving and loving.

• amy Apr 21, 2011, 11:32 pm

Thanks, Crystal. Working on maintaining (and growing) my daily meditation practice. This first step (gratitude and openness) helps me so much. And also there’s nothing quite like a good puppy snuggle to boost my mood. Good call.